When we found this dresser it was in need of a little TLC. It had been painted to look like wood. We usually shy away from projects that have been previously painted because they are so much more work, we’ve learned the hard way.
Other than having been painted before this one was in pretty good shape. So we decided to take the chance and go for it. And boy, are we glad we did!
After removing all of the old paint, we repaired any of the damaged veneer and did some minor repairs to the drawers. We then painted it in our signature diy chalk paint using Behr Swiss Coffee.
We painted the original hardware and gave the entire piece a light distressing.
We lined the dovetail drawers with a beautiful coordinating fabric.
We completed the piece by painting the back for a finished look and sealing the entire piece with General Finishes Flat Out Flat. We love this product, it gives us the protection we need and the matte finish we desire.